Resource Mobilization Policy Document
All activities undertaken by an organization to secure new and additional finances, human and material resources is covered under the resource mobilization policy. Inherent efforts to mobilize resources is the drive for organizational sustainability. It also involves making better use of and maximizing existing resources. Income categories:
- The institution is self-financed, and income is generated mainly from tuition fees collected from the students.
- Income generated from dental clinics and laboratories also contribute to the income.
- Few contributions from philanthropic organizations also add to the total income.
- Introduction of fellowship courses and increasing the number of skill enhancement programmes.
- Enhance the revenue generated in the dental clinics by mobilization of more number of patients through awareness programmes and better patient care.
Optimal Resource Utilization Policy
- A budget estimate is drawn and estimated at the beginning of every financial year.
For budgetary consideration the cost incurred in the previous year is considered and any new developments planned for the year is included. This is submitted to the governing body for approval.
- Income and budget – Expenditure is tracked every month by head of the institution and if there is any cost escalation, the same is put up before the concerned departments.
- The expenditure is broadly divided into:
– Establishment expenses such as salaries, operating expenses such as material cost, electricity, repairs and maintenance etc.
– Capital expenditure such as expenses towards dental equipment and building infrastructure.
– Academic and research expenditure such as expenses towards library, seminar and conference sponsorships, publication incentives, community dental programmes and special equipment for research.
- Any new budgetary heads are created on need basis.
The institution follows both internal and external audit mechanisms to ensure proper utilization of the funds.