In this humanitarian crisis of COVID19, our NSS volunteers and students (http://hmfw.ap.gov.in/carona_info.aspx) have come forward to become volunteers to serve for COVID and registered as COVID warriors (http://hmfw.ap.gov.in/covid_19_nss_volunteers.aspx) (https://covidwarriors.gov.in/).
We have decided to host portal for training to all our students and faculty before the colleges restart and those already working in the field and clinics in various capacities to refresh their existing knowledge through external training links in a single page, including Govt of India Initiatives (https://covidwarriors.gov.in/Covid_TrainingMatrix_Role.aspx) and WHO (https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019/training/online-training).
For training purpose:
We would suggest everyone enroll and train before getting into the field. Those already in the field or clinic can get refreshed using the above training sessions.
Govt. of India Initiatives follow the link: For all these courses need to register before you start the training.
- Psychological care of patients with COVID-19
- Quarantine and Isolation
For WHO training
The courses are as follows with the relevant links for easy navigation :
- Emerging respiratory viruses, including COVID-19: methods for detection, prevention, response and control (introduction-to-ncov)
- COVID-19: Operational Planning Guidelines and COVID-19 Partners Platform to support country preparedness and response
- Infection Prevention and Control (IPC) for COVID-19 Virus
- Severe Acute Respiratory Infection (SARI) Treatment Facility Design
- ePROTECT Respiratory Infections (EN)
- COVID-19: How to put on and remove personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Standard precautions: Hand hygiene
- Standard precautions: Waste management
- Standard precautions: Environmental cleaning and disinfection
- Decontamination and sterilization of medical devices
(Last updated on O8th of June 2020)
External links for further reading and references:
- ICMR (INDIAN COUNCIL OF MEDICAL RESEARCH) :
- WHO (WORLD HEALTH ORGANISATION) :
- CDC (CENTRES FOR DISEASE CONTROL AND PREVENTION) :
- GOVT.OF INDIA: