Performance appraisal system forms an integral part of the smooth functioning and growth of any institution. It helps to boost employee engagement and productivity. SIDS has always been proactive in this front and has a mechanism in place for timely appraisals.
The appraisal system for the teaching staff comprises of
- Annual Self-appraisal form: Consists of a structured questionnaire which includes teaching activities, participation in teacher training/ faculty development programs /national and international conferences, research guidance to undergraduate students, scientific publications, research grants received and punctuality.
- The obtained appraisal forms are assessed by the Dean and the report will be forwarded to the governing council for further decisions.
- The governing council’s recommendations form the basis for faculty increments, promotions and any other incentives.
The appraisal system for the non-teaching staff comprises of
- Monthly performance feedback forms from the head of the department for the non-teaching staff working in their department.
- Monthly feedback forms from the supervisors regarding the performance of the non-teaching staff are also collected.
- Monthly feedback of the non-teaching staff from H.R.Manager is also collected.
- All these three forms for each non-teaching staff are assessed by the director and forwarded to the governing council for further decisions.
- The governing council’s recommendations form the basis for increments and monthly incentives.
The evidence of success of this system reflects in the retention of maximum staff in our institute.